"VELEBIT" Ecological Identification Bag
There is one simple action we can all take that will have an enormous impact on the health of our planet and its inhabitants. The next time you shop, don't leave the store carrying a plastic bag. If everyone did this, one of the most lethal polluters created by man would be removed from circulation.
Consider the Following Shocking Facts About Plastic Shopping Bags:
• Plastic bags are made of polyethylene
• Polyethylene is a petroleum product
• Production contributes to air pollution and energy consumption
• Four to five trillion plastic bags are manufactured each year
• It takes 1000 years for polyethylene bags to break down
• As polyethylene breaks down, toxic substances leach into the soil and enter the food chain
• Approximately 1 billion seabirds and mammals die per year by ingesting plastic bags
• Plastic bags are often mistaken as food by marine mammals. 100,000 marine mammals die yearly by eating plastic bags.
• These animals suffer a painful death, the plastic wraps around their intestines or they choke to death
• Plastic bag choke landfills
• Plastic bags are carried by the wind into forests, ponds, rivers, and lakes
There are Alternatives to Plastic Bags. All of This Death and Pollution is Unnecessary.
Countries all over the world are slowly becoming aware of the threat plastic bags present to our world. Many have enacted laws aimed to decrease the use of plastic bags, while others have, or are, planning to impose taxes on the use of plastic bags.
According to this huge world problem we have great solutuion:
“VELEBIT ECOLOGICAL IDENTIFICATION BAG” – is bag made of natural, compostable materials, different sizes and forms with identification (bar-code) which gives to "ordinary" cotton bag (or bag from some other natural material) a whole new dimension and brings a full range of benefits for all who use it.
PARTNERS IN THIS PROJECT:
• RETAIL OUTLETS:
Buy “VELEBIT ecological identification bags” and give/sell them to consumers.
Retail outlet stop with using two plastic items - a plastic bag and consumer card and make savings.
Retail outlets promote environmental awareness among consumers.
By using "VELEBIT ecological identification bags" consumers have different facilities when they go shopping and they always use ONE bag. (Identification code (bar-code) works on the principle of consumer cards that can be found at retail chains.
Retail outlet can advertise itself on the bag or sell place for adverts.
• CONSUMERS - save money with constant use of "VELEBIT ecological identification bag" (ONE BAG) that provides them discounts at retail outlets. (Retail outlets determine what product will be on discount and when).
• SOCIETY - suppress long-term use of plastic bags and its accumulation on the land and in the oceans after the rejection. Together we make Earth better place for living.
Note: on the other hand, using one ecological bag we prevent the accumulation of one and excessive cultivation of cotton or linen for this purpose.
The project partner is Vis – from Varaždin, largest Croatian producer of ecological bags.
"VELEBIT ECOLOGICAL IDENTIFICATION BAG" is protected by the Centre for Intellectual Property in Zagreb. (International value)